DAY 8 !Hola Espana! 2019 free morning & evening performance


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community » Valencia
July 16th 2019
Published: July 16th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Today we enjoyed another wonderful, sun kissed day in Valencia. The difference today was that the band members had a “free day”, which is not your typical definition of a free day if you know Salmon Cupid.

After breakfast and a short meeting, band members decided how they would like to spend their free day. Some went back to bed, some went shopping, others took on the sites of the city of Valencia, and the rest chose the sea and sand. The band members wouldn’t have been able to do any of this without the hard work and dedication of their chaperones and other parents who have joined us on the trip.

In order for everything to run smoothly, and to make sure that all band members are happy, safe and clean, there is a lot of hard work to be done behind the scenes. Thanks to the chaperones and all those parents who: did the laundry, took the kids where they wanted to go during their free time, did the rounds at night, made sure everyone made it to breakfast so they would be well-nourished, and solved any unexpected challenges along the way.

Everyone went back to the hotel, got dressed and boarded the bus for dinner. Dinner was at the Restaurante Palace Fesol where we had an amazing meal consisting of salad, Valencian paella, and some fruit and cake for dessert.

After dinner we went to set up for our outdoor performance by the beach. We were well received by locals and tourists alike. They were very intrigued by the steelpan, as they had never seen one before, and were truly amazed by the sounds it created. Salmon made this performance a little more interactive by inviting the audience to come on stage and learn to play the scale of C. After an extremely long day we returned to the hotel exhausted, and ready to retire for the night.

By Bessie


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.173s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb