We are Finally Moving


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community » Valencia
August 1st 2018
Published: August 1st 2018
Edit Blog Post

Yes we have been talking about it for years, but we are finally doing it. Kathy and I are sitting at the Lexington airport waiting on our plane to Detroit, then to Amsterdam, then to Valencia. This is the beginning of the journey, not the end. Last night we stayed at a local hotel and had dinner at Azur to celebrate the continual adventure. Today, Kathy closed on her house and sold her car and we rode the hotel shuttle to the airport. Since we are moving, we have been packing and repacking, weighing and reweighing in an attempt to get exactly the things we want to take. This is worst than backpacking. We have both been struggling with how to juggle what we want compared to what we need and how to get that into 2 bags weighing less than 50 lbs apiece. This includes clothes (both winter and summer), back packing equip, camping equip, music, bikes, etc., etc., etc. What a chore. I think that I have repacked my bags about 50 times. This is really not a problem because the house is empty and there is plenty of space to lay stuff out. The problem with that is all that stuff you lay out doesn't fit into your bags and I have some big bags.

So we have packed our bags and weighed them many times. So last night we are in the hotel workout room weighing our bags ONCE AGAIN. Each bag weighed just under 50 lbs and I mean just under. So we get to the airport and start the checking process. Kathy puts her bag on the scale and it weighs 51 lbs. Kathy looks at the ticket agent just daring him to say anything. He says that's fine. So once he allows her to do that then I am good to go! Anyway, as I said, we are sitting in the airport waiting so we must have made all the hurdles so far.

We will see ya'll in Spain...

Advertisement



2nd August 2018

Been thinking about you two all day
Thanks for the update. Hope your flight goes well and you can get some rest tomorrow and finally have real furniture to sit on again! Take care...
2nd August 2018

Will Bring Bigger Bags!
R&K!! We will bring BIGGER bags next year (when we come to visit) and STUFF them full of goodies for you two! Cheers!
2nd August 2018

Not moving - Moved
Awesome for the two of you.

Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0323s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb