Day 47 Valencia


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community » Valencia
June 3rd 2018
Published: June 3rd 2018
Edit Blog Post

Ever walked around with a ridiculous wide smile constantly across your face whilst at the same time pinching yourself? We have. Well, as the day wore on those smiles became ridiculously wider and the pinching began leaving marks; that’s how much we were enjoying ourselves in this beautiful small city of Valencia.

The universe smiled on us all day. After a night of severe thunder, lightning and heavy rain we were greeted with sunshine, clear sky and a very slight refreshing breeze when we stepped out this morning at 9am. Most of the Valencians were still in bed. The roads and streets practically deserted and no cafés open for a coffee. We headed towards the old part of the city as we were to meet our walking tour guide at 10.30am so we aimed to use the 1.5 hours to discover places that we had not walked or seen. Around every corner was a different view, a different learning, a different awe.

We found a beautiful café. Whilst enjoying our coffee and tostada we heard music strike up in the laneways. In that short time of ordering our breakfast people had appeared seemingly from everywhere. They definitely knew something
we didn’t. We scoffed down our remaining remnants and hustled outside to see a procession about to begin. We followed it and when it paused we dashed ahead to its destination to watch it wind its way in. The crowd was growing by the minute. We entered the cathedral to watch part of the mass.

We always enjoy our walking tours. Did heaps of learning about Valencia and its history, went inside buildings and saw places we would not normally have visited. Our 2.5 daylight days here in Valencia were different each day. The universe smiled on us.

I photographed “Doors and Windows”, Buildings and Laneways”, “People and their Activities”. By doing this I was able to stop and speak briefly to many locals, young and old, aged, wrinkled and full of character to smooth skinned and still to experience life. Travelling – People, Sights and Food; yes, our long lunch was again mouth-watering awesome. We are always surprised as we never know the ingredients of the delights we order. We have always come away ‘full’ and ready for siesta!


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 23


Advertisement






















Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 26; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb