Spain Day 35


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community » Torreblanca
January 29th 2019
Published: January 29th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Well, the "moving to main car park" idea wasn't a tremendous success.

As well as several trucks parked near us (one of which was REFRIGERATED!) we were also in earshot of the railway line, a tannoy which we thought might be the KFC Drive-through, and what sounded like a fork lift truck going backwards most of the time, with one of those really loud warning beepers. Still, we felt "safer" for not being centimetres away from passing vehicles in last night's spot. We slept, on and off, but felt we deserved breakfast from the café in the Alcampo supermarket at the other side of the car park. Wholemeal croissants with poppy seeds - new one on us, but actually quite tasty!

Anyway, time to put in some serious kilometres today (at least, compared to the pootling we've been doing for the last week or two). We've decided we want another visit to Barcelona, as it's some years since we were there and it seems they've made a bit of progress on the bendy church. So we made for a Camperpark just past Torreblanca, near Alcala de Xivert, after calling at Castellon again to top up the gas supply.

Not a bad place for a stopover, 12€ a night including electricity and Wifi, and of course chance to fill and empty the various bits we need to.

Trip meter is now reading 2252km, so we've done 122 today. Not massive by our old "holiday trip" standards, but quite a bit more than we've been doing lately. Planning two more overnights to Barcelona, then probably three nights on an actual campsite.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.235s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0633s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb