Another day in


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community » Oliva
May 10th 2006
Published: May 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Gabor woke feeling a little better. The pain was localised to his lower back and he could at least walk. Leaving the villa wasn’t really an option, so we settled in again, reading and catching up on emails. Sarah went of to have a shower in the late morning and came back to find Gabor in serious pain on the couch with Kaspar sitting on the floor showing his sympathy by having a wail himself.
Heather from downstairs had offered to take Gabor to the medical centre if things hadn’t gotten any better so off they went. Two hours later after x-rays and physio we have a diagnosis - a compressed disc. So the treatment is just what we had been doing really, pain relief, hot compresses and rest.
Since Gabor was incapacitated Sarah subjected him to what he considered cruel and unusual punishment - watching Pretty Woman (the directors cut no less, yes there is such a thing).
For all you Pretty Woman fans out there here is a factoid for you. Did you know that Richard Gere composed and played a piano solo in the movie? You know….the scene with the piano where Vivian comes down in her dressing gown at 3am to see what is keeping Edward.

The library of videos here is obviously a little limited but at least one of us was happy!


Advertisement



11th May 2006

That doesn't sound good
I've had my share of back problems but a compressed disc is the worst. Even the smallest cough or sneeze doubles you up in pain which, of course, aggravates the whole thing. It sounds like you're having a grand tour so I hope the disc calms down so you can enjoy more of Espanol.
11th May 2006

huh?
you've got a 'compact disc'? It's all DVD these days buddy...! Hope alls well, luvin the log, look forward to it every day....largely out of utter jealousy....

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0801s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb