Brazilian U-Turn


Advertisement
Published: March 21st 2015
Edit Blog Post

We are going back to Brazil in eight weeks time! We have decided that we really cannot leave the second part of our South American Odyssey until next year; we need to do this now, whilst the Latin American colours and sounds are still fresh and the feet are itching to travel. The Samba rhythms are calling us back across the ocean. We have booked flights from Alicante, via Madrid to Rio de Janeiro, on Saturday 16th May, returning after two months on Sunday 12th July 2015. From Rio we plan to fly up to Manaus for two weeks in the Amazon, then return South to get back down to the Argentinian and Paraguayan borders to see the Iguazu Falls. Our planned trip to England in July may now be postponed until the Autumn. So, the rucksacks are soon to come back out of the cupboard and we'll start taking the malaria tablets seven weeks from today. How exciting! In the meantime, apart from two weeks camping down in Almeria over Easter, we shall be getting back on our bicycles, to try to tone up a bit again, before venturing forth in to the rainforest. We have booked up one of the two weeks in the Amazon already: a guided small group tour, involving hiking, building shelters as indigenous Indians do, sleeping out a few nights in hammocks ( and under mossie nets) and canoeing the small tributaries of the Amazonian rivers. We shall also make sure we have some nice lodge accommodation with air con as well! We don't mind roughing it a bit now and again, for the experience, but we do rather like to intersperse such times with some creature comforts. Sleeping out, surrounded by the sounds of the jungle, should be quite awesome; just hope that the snakes and tarantulas don't fancy sleeping with us! So, faithful blog followers, we shall start blogging away again, eight weeks from now. If the forthcoming trip is as wonderful as the last one, we shall be truly fortunate. Those three and a half months in South America were really special. This time will be a bit different, in so far as we do not speak Portuguese, but we think that many Brazilians speak either English or Spanish, so we shouldn't have too many problems. "Hasta Mayo! VĂ¡monos a Brasilia!"

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb