Journey's End


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community » Alicante
March 5th 2015
Published: March 5th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Our two one-way flights back to the UK were an astronomical price, £2,445 (3290.57 euros) and so by the time we got back home to Spain, the travel funds were somewhat depleted. We have decided not to return to South America at this time; we’ll save the Amazon for a future trip. We shall definitely go back.



Although our travels have been cut short, nevertheless our South American journey was truly a “once in a lifetime” experience. The whole journey was memorable, the highlights being the Galapagos Islands and their wildlife, the Patagonian fiords, glaciers and “rounding The Horn” and the Falkland Island penguins.



As before, after our Round the World trip six years ago, we have had fun totting up some details of the journey, as follows...



Our means of transport included…



1 reed boat



1 airboat



1 rental car



2 cable cars



2 Chiva lorries



2 jeeps



2 cruise ships



3 minibuses



4 trains



5 metro trains



5 ferries



6 water taxis



6 small boats



7 trucks



7 shuttle buses



8 ship’s tenders



9 aeroplanes



10 funicular trains



24 buses/coaches

35 taxis



…and countless footsteps; and we slept in 28 different beds, of varying comfort!




Thanks to everyone who followed our travels and thanks for the blog comments and emails, which we really appreciated. We shall visit England for a couple of weeks in June or July and hope to see as many friends and family there as possible.




“Au Revoirfor now, Viv and John xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.29s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 19; qc: 93; dbt: 0.1383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb