Spain Day 34


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community » Alboraya
January 28th 2019
Published: January 28th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Well, we're still here.
The night was peaceful enough, and the setting is lovely if you look towards the swa, or up and down the prom, rather than at the buildings behind us. However, the early morning was a bit disturbing, as an unbelievable number of trucks came along the dirt road and through our little unofficial "camp." They seem to have been doing deliveries to the builders merchants round the corner. So we decided we'd relocate slightly for our second night, but stay nearby.
Meanwhile, another lovely sunny day lay ahead. Duty first: supermarket visit, to the neighbouring Alcampo (Spanish for Auchan).
With everything stowed away, decided we'd go and see if any of the restaurants were open on a Monday (many aren't in France ). Surprisingly, most were here - including the one where we'd had tapas yesterday. Which had a 2-course menu for 13€! Liz started with a salad, Tony with a paella (pictured), then we both had some delicious mutton chops - a meat we rarely see in the uk or in France, more's the pity. First drink was also included (we paid extra for the second), as was the coffee.
By the time we returned to the van it was around 3, so just chilled out and enjoyed the sunshine. Later in the afternoon we took another short stroll, in the opposite direction, but by then we were losing the sunshine so decided to move the van round the corner onto the large car park - from which we caught the beautiful red sky in the photo.
Heading northwards again tomorrow, with happy memories of sunshine, gentle waves, and seafront lunches.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.256s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0665s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb