Spain Day 33


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community » Alboraya
January 27th 2019
Published: January 27th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Not exactly peaceful last night, as there's a concealed main road behind the camperpark! Still, it was good to be able to use the oven.
We'd seen on Park4Night that, just the other side of Valencia, there were three possible spots close together, so we headed toward them. This meant going through the city, but since it was a Sunday the traffic wasn't TOO deadly. Still, one enormous 3-lane roundabout with no markings was a bit scary!
The first spot we tried was a very tight car park which is only free overnight, and the second simply a supermarket car park with nothing much going for it. With the third, though, we struck gold. Although it didn't look much, we could see why several motorhomes (and a Polish couple in a caravan) had already settled here. Right by the beach, with a popular (pedestrian) promenade,and a (genuine) 5-minute walk to a whole row of seafront bars and restaurants.
Lunch was "tapas" on a sun-drenched terrace - in this case chunks of pork on skewers cooked in some sort of bbq sauce, with fried wafer-thin slices of potato, and fresh crusty bread. Two drinks each, and coffees afterwards, total 14€40!
Then back to the van for reading and people-watching (Sunday afternoon in Spain, EVERONE was out on the front!).
Seriously tempted to stay two nights here - lets see how tonight works.
2130km now, so just 20km

Advertisement



Tot: 0.294s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1062s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb