Day 4: Pamplona Stopover....waiting for Tim


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Navarre » Puente La Reina
September 28th 2014
Published: September 28th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Breakfast as served....Breakfast as served....Breakfast as served....

An egg and potato frittata with bread and a fork stuck in the top. This is pretty common in Pamplona and very filling
Today is a bit of a rest and recovery day. I managed to get Wifi at last so I spent some time with emails and this Blog. The Wifi in most places has been poor but this could be due to demand being high.

After lunch we walked into town where a festival was happening and it would be an understatement to say the Spanish know how to have fun. Walking through the dense crowded streets, the noise was unbelievable. Groups of musicians, singers, mobile DJ's with dancing crowds following them, all pumped up the atmosphere to 11 out of 10. A few pictures really can't transport you to the joy, the voices, music and aromas of food vendors poised on each corner. The parade consisted of oversized puppets dancing and swirling, again followed by hundreds of people. We had an ice cream cone and I bought a jamon bocadillo which is like a prosciutto roll. It would have taken too long to have a proper sit down lunch.

We walked back to our accommodation on the edge of town and had a coffee and waited for the 6.28 from Madrid to arrive with Tim on board. When Tim arrived we dropped off his pack and went back into town so he could have a look at Pamplona. It was busier than before! People were concentrated in about a 3 block radius and the days proceedings had taken their toll. Many of the bands and singers had been replaced by more contemporary music, and the dancing, drinking and socialising was in full swing. It seems these festivals are very much a family affair, so there was a large blend of adults, small children and everything in between. We walked back to our hotel and people were still heading for town in droves.

We prepared for the next days walk to Puente La Reina, had a shower and headed downstairs for a quiet meal


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

imageimage
image

The Cloisters and Bell Tower of the Cathedral
Our Pamplona HotelOur Pamplona Hotel
Our Pamplona Hotel

Somehow this didn't have the vibe of our previous accommodation


29th September 2014

the grin on time face
Tim can't take the smile off his face must have been that grand final win by the hawks hey
29th September 2014

It was never in doubt. Didn't see it but highlights only; solid performance!
30th September 2014
Our Pamplona Hotel

Dancing
Sue where is the photo of you dancing in the street,how's the ankle.
30th September 2014
Our Pamplona Hotel

Dancing?
Ankles are good, blisters not so. I'm in sandles and socks now; very German .
2nd October 2014

Festival
Ya gotta luv a festival. It was a fantastic grand final over here.

Tot: 0.387s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 17; qc: 110; dbt: 0.1607s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb