Strolling in Pamplona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Navarre » Pamplona
September 16th 2012
Published: September 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Pamplona looks like it's going to be a wonderful place to live and work. We are very happy and 110% sure that this has been the right decision! We have now moved to a lovely apartment on the Western edge of town. Nearby we have a riverside walk which is marvellous when the sun is shining. Not sure how much longer summer will hang on for but it's been amazing so far!!

The riverside walk took us past various bridges, old and new. We saw people rowning and fishing and generally enjoying the fresh air. There wasn't a hint of "hello, where you from, where you go" like we had every time we went for a walk in Vietnam. It was so refreshing. Just the occasional "hola" from passing folk was really nice.

We've been exploring the city centre a bit more too. Tapas (pintxos) and beer or wine can get a bit expensive but we've found one place that really took the biscuit. Advertising "caƱa y albondiga" for 2 Euros, we thought we would give it a try. The "albondiga" really was singular - a solitary meatball in some sauce. Oh well, we'll not go there again! We have found an Indian restaurant too, but the night we were going to go there it rained so heavily that we stayed in and Russ cooked a curry instead!!

Work is going well and we are more than happy. It's a small school with just a handful of teachers but they seem a nice bunch. It's quite strange being up for sunrise but not feeling that you are getting up particularly early. That's why you finally see a sunrise photo from our apartment instead of just sunsets. Speaking of which, hope you enjoyed the gorgeous sunset panorama at the top.

Life's good!


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

TapasTapas
Tapas

Beer and a meatball - it was literally A meatball and we didn't think it was value for money!!
An Indian RestaurantAn Indian Restaurant
An Indian Restaurant

I'm sure it won't be long before we visit!
Black KnightBlack Knight
Black Knight

Above the Museum of Navarra
RecyclingRecycling
Recycling

It's everywhere!
SunriseSunrise
Sunrise

Yes, sunrise, not sunset, a rare photo from us!!


23rd September 2012

Looking Good
Hi you two, looks lovely so far. We look forward to more bloggs and joining you in the blogging game when we eventually get out of wet and windy Cambridge. Looking like sooner rather than later now too with Phil's work. Hopefully be out by Christmas, if not early new year. Stay well and happy, Mark & Philippa. x

Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 35; dbt: 0.065s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb