Naverette to Najera


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » La Rioja » Nájera
September 14th 2014
Published: September 14th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Around 530am the people in the room starter waking up. Some noise of sleepingbags being put away, backpack zippers closing and metal bedframes bending under the weight of the person on the top bunk. It was a hot night and I didn't sleep well, but I was ready to take on 18km today if Thomas was able to conplete it. The deal was to make it to the next town 8km away and see how he was feeling. Backpack packed and shoes on we left again before the sun even started showing. Looking for yellow painted signs pointing us in thr right direction, making our way out the small town we got back into wine country... we joked along the way about the amount of grapes we saw amd in no time made it to the next town. Time for a break... coffee and a smoke and perhaps a chocolate filled croissant for breakfast....

We sat down at the local bar and found all three. Knowing we wanted to take a bit of a longer break we settled down next to a german buy who was walki by the Camino with his dog. We chatted a bit about his experience and found out he has been crossing Spain on foot because trains dont allow dogs in Spain.

Thomas felt good about the next 10km so we finished our coffee, put on our packs and left for Najera. We arrived around 11am and found our hostel. Waiting for opening time at 12 we sat down in the shade. Waiting in line we found out they had more private rooms, 2 or 4 people. One of the 2 person rooms was still available. We took it whivh promises for a more comfortable night. Private terras with a view of the river will be nice....

Tomorrow perhaps we will walk 25km again and regain some progress towards the end point Finisterre...


Advertisement



Tot: 0.239s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb