Logrono to Santo Domingo


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » La Rioja » Logroño
June 15th 2015
Published: June 15th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We decided to sleep in a little bit today. Left the hostel at 9:00 am to get a pilgrim stamp at the cathedral. The weather was a little overcast but pleasant. Enjoyed a beautiful paved trail leaving Logrono. Biked to Navarette for breakfast and received another stamp at the cathedral. Mostly up hill today and we rode the trail which takes a long time. Had to hike n bike a few times because the terrain is so rocky and steep. The camino route took us through miles and miles of vineyards. It was very tranquil, but hilly. About 5 miles from our destination the skies turned into a large faucet and it started to down pour. I was again thankful I had my poncho. Made it to Hostel la Catedral in Santo Domingo. Biked a total of 32 miles today. Cute little town and the nicest hostel yet. Found a restaurant that served dinner at 7:30pm. Delicious food and a bottle of wine. We are happy perigrinos!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement




16th June 2015

I have mentally slowed down to a walking pace when thinking about going from town to town...
and you blog with biking between these towns for me is like lighting speed as it will take me three days to walk for the one that you bike. I wonder if there is a similar mind shift when slowing down from car to bike. Anyway, I'm enjoying your blogs.
16th June 2015

slow bikers
Compared to bikers we are slow, many hikers in the morning are right with us. Especially on the up hills. Yesterday we met to guys who left Pamplona the same day we had and were following our pace. Thank you following my blog. Your camino belongs to you and only you. Enjoy!

Tot: 0.301s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0646s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb