Thursday night at Haro


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » La Rioja » Haro
April 29th 2014
Published: April 29th 2014
Edit Blog Post

April 24, 2014

Thursday night at Haro

We woke up and it’s raining. Kirsten is first into the shower and I’m second. We’re down stairs and find Hedy and Bill already having breakfast. We relax and have a nice breakfast.

Our hotel receptionist reminds us it’s Market day in Estella. Kirsten is excited and of we go to the market. The first market has shirts, pants, shoes and any other clothing you can imagine. The next plaza over Kirsten finds the real market, olives, vegetables, and salted fish. No chicken man or pork man to be found. Darn I really wanted some of the local roasted meats. Oh well, after walking the market we deicide it’s time to go.

We load up into the car and off we go to visit the cathedral, it the 8th stopping point in the pilgrimage of St James. We

We visit the monastery that has a vineyard and you can get a free cup of wine. It was worst the ALDI’s winking owl.

Were back on the road and heading toward HARO this is the area Kirsten is most excited about.

It rained all day we got lost thanks to my miss-reading the map.

We only were off by 20 Km, still raining

We came over the mountain in the Rioja region, the clouds parted, the sun drenched our faces, and the angels began sing hallelujah. The a voice from the heavens spoke and said you have travel long and hard pull over at the next winery and have a glass of RIOJA. So we did.

Found a cute hotel, checked in and the receptionist told us it was Thursday night in HARO. You visit the town center and all the Tapas serve a glass of wine and 1 Tapas for 1 Euro. Woo Hoo

It was like when we were in Grevia at the Chianti festival.

We made it back and to bed we go.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



6th May 2014

Thank you for sending me your great entry's from your wonderful trip to Spain. Some city's I have also visited and it brought back great memory's . Thank you again!
6th May 2014

all titles
Thank you for sending me your great entry's from your wonderful trip to Spain. Some city's I have also visited and it brought back great memory's . Thank you again!

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb