Oct 6


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Galicia
October 8th 2012
Published: October 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Oct 6 Sarria to Portomarin 22 kms.Left really late today 9:30 with about 50 school kids.So much for a peacefull day.Took a while for them to get ahead of us.We passed 2 women cleaning pulpo on a scrubbing board,They cook them in big copper pots. Today more wooded paths,and farmland.People harvesting apples and grapes.Arrived 3:30,tired and sore.A shower does wonders for that though.Walked around after a good rest,people were going to mass,now at 6pm,the music in the plaza was beautiful.We passed some guys unloading grapes and one of them had rubber boots on and yes he was stomping them.They also gave us grapes.So much going on behind these doors,you would think nobody lived here sometimes.Supper for me was pulpo and local cheese.

Oct 7 To Lestedo 20kms Pretty good most of the way,a little steep at the end.Lots of sun today.A lot more people around now.The last 100-150 kms more people join the camino.A bunch of Austrians were always behind or just ahead.They were carrying an accordion and singing.We stayed in a beautfully restored building.Quiet evening,a great library,only 6 of us staying here.They provided supper and introduced us to a form of grappa.

Oct 8 to Melide 20kms.Walked in the rain for the first half.There doesn't seem as many people today.A very easy walk,level,wide path and no cows.We didn't stop at all and made great time.Here by 1:30 so we were in time for lunch.Aiden finally ordered pulpo,with eggs and fries as a backup.Only about 50kms to go,we can't believe it.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb