Day 35 8/5/12 Gonzar -San Xulian 24km (gum tree room)


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Galicia
August 31st 2012
Published: August 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Had a pretty good nights sleep....was on the road by 8am......It was drizzly rain just enough to have to wear our raincoats.....stopped about a km down the track for breakfast.....Jacqui ordered something and we ended up getting soggy hot chips and a coffee...couldn't believe it..... we have been eating soggy chips for the last month......Lindsey and Jonathan came in for a coffee and we had a conversation about the wantabe's.....they were feeling the same...its reassuring we aren't alone with our feelings.....walking the extra eight km yesterday has certainly helped us avoid them......not such a crowded road …..

We will walk a extra 3km today to keep in front.....gum trees to day...my favourite trees....I picked a little twig and put in my belt for the day...apparently as we get closer we will be going through a lot more.....they have plantations of eucalyptus...

Have found a lovely albergue...one of those that makes me feel like I am in the host's home....We are in a room of two bunks and a single bed.....we showered washed clothes and hung out on a line and went and sat by the fire and wrote my journal

The place started to fill...I think the room we were in was the only one available but they had rooms across the road...every one came over after they had showered a few of the people we had seen before but some new ones...a really nice bunch of people.....there were three nurses and a 35yr old neuro surgeon who looked about 25 …...

We all sat at one table and had tea...the food was great and it was a very sociable night …..there was a young girl Nora ( her brother called her Nora the snora) and her brother who sat and enjoyed my ipod for a while.....

Everyone was going to party on but we went to bed by 10.....we had had a couple of big days and were buggered


Additional photos below
Photos: 67, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0609s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb