Day 34 7/5/12 Sarria - Gonzar 35km (2 top bunks after resentful day)


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Galicia
August 30th 2012
Published: August 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

We were up by six...had to get our clothes of the line and pack up...we wanted to get on the road before all the extras were up....We had croissants and coffee for breakfast and started walking...we spent the first 2 hrs. walking at a very fast pace and not in a very good frame of mine....we were experiencing for the first time a lot of people on the walk....It was new and it was awful.....

We met up with the aussie sisters Carol and Magaret who we had met back along the way and another couple and the first thing they all said...”I know we aren't suppose to be resentful but”....Its good to see that we aren't the only ones feeling like this....We have uninvited guests on our walk....

We walked an extra 8km today knowing that they will walk to Portomarim...so we went onto Gonzar knowing that we would be well ahead of them and have decided to do that for the rest of the walk.....

The first few km this morning havent been happy ones.... but we slowed down our walking after we lost the crowd and started to enjoy it again....got into a better frame of mind....amazing what a few extra people walking with us can do.....We walked nearly 35 km today.....

We found a lovely albergue that has a hugh slow combustion fireplace and a bar out the back...would be a popular one in the summer time.....we had a shower and set up our beds...Jacqui is on the top bunk tonight as well …..there is a lovely restaurant and we had tea wrote in our journal and went to bed ...it has been a long and emotional day....we haven't seen any of the old regular walkers for a long time...am missing them...I hope we get to see them in Santiago

Have only four days of walking to go and the realisation that it is all about to come to an end. I think our bodies are tired and ready for a break but I am not ready to give it up yet.....


Additional photos below
Photos: 59, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb