Portomarin


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Galicia » Sarria
October 3rd 2015
Published: October 3rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

October 3,2015
For the Compostela in Santiago a pilgrim must walk the last 100 km. today we reached the 100 km marker. Feeling good!
Today as well we saw several buses come to the highway just outside the 100 km and drop off loads of new pilgrims. The roads have suddenly become crowded. I have heard that the crowds in Santiago are large and services for the mass at noon has about 1000 people. I understand why now.
Today was again a pleasant walk in and out of tree groves. The morning was very chilly at 4 degrees and fog. We started off and pulled back to have a great coffee con leeche. The fog never fully lifted until mid day and it was pleasant. Our hotel this evening is out in the sticks and we were about to turn back. A gent called the hotel who came and picked us up. We are well out of town, on a camp ground and they provide horse riding. Enjoyable in many ways but missing the city of Portomarin. The dinner was fresh from their garden the soup was to die for. Excellent.
Tomorrow is to rain. Not looking forward to it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.333s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb