Camino Day 24: Fonfria to Vigo de Sarria


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Galicia » Sarria
June 1st 2022
Published: June 2nd 2022
Edit Blog Post

We left Fonfria at 6:30am, when the sun was starting to rise. We walked along the edge of the mountain top and through forests for about a half an hour. Soon after 7am, we passed through Biduedo (or Viduedo in Galician), and entered Filloval 45 minutes later. Here we found a bar, called Aira do Camino, and took advantage of it for a coffee break. About 20 minutes later we passed through Pasantes and on the other side got our first view of Triacastela, the only large town before our stop in Sarria. Before reaching Triacastela, we passed through Ramil and spotted a very weird, very old tree right on the Camino.

At about 9am, we entered Triacastela and stopped for breakfast at the Restaurante Parrillada. After our breakfast of a very unusual and tasty pastry, we continued on, passing through A Ferreria and San Xil. It started to rain at about 11am, so we put on our ponchos. In Montan, we found a nice donativo and almost hung out there til the rain stopped, but they didn't have lunch stuff, so we moved on. For the next 3 hours it almost constantly rained, sometimes light and sometimes pretty hard. Our socks, shoes, and my coat were soaked by the time we got to Vido de Sarria. At almost 3pm, we arrived and found our albergue, Albergue Oasis.

Albergue Oasis was a pretty decent albergue, with a small kitchen/dining area, a place to wash your clothes and dry them, and a nice backyard. We checked in, took our showers and relaxed a bit before going out to look around, and find something to eat for dinner. I found an interesting BBQ pizza that was microwaveable. We returned to the albergue, ate dinner, and by 9pm we were ready for bed.

Tomorrow we head for Pontmarin, with rain again in the forecast.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 30; dbt: 0.048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb