Camino Day 28: Ribodiso de Baia to O Pedrouzo:


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Galicia » Santiago de Compostela
June 5th 2022
Published: June 7th 2022
Edit Blog Post

We packed up and left the albergue about 6:30, wound our way out of O Pedrouzo, and finally entered Arzua. The address for the albergue and my Camino App implied they were the same, but they weren't. There were a couple of kilometers between them. We saw a couple churches on our way through Arzua, and finally entered As Barrosas, where we stopped at Cafe/Bar Preguntono for a break. I took a photo of a town, way off, in the fog, but I'm still not sure if it was O Pedrouzo, our destination for today. After our coffee break, we continued on, passing A Peroxa, and El Lugar de Tabernavella (apparently its the name of the town). We crossed the highway on a bridge that had stickers all over it, then walked through a scene from The Hobbit, with arching trees and little light. To top that, we then passed Tia Dolores, which is in many Camino videos. There are literally 100s of bottles stuck in trees, on fence posts, etc., each with a message or name on them. We decided not to stop and decorate one. Instead, we continued on the Boavista, where we stopped for breakfast at the O Fraca E Careca.

Next, we passe through Salceda, where I'm pretty sure we saw O Pedrouzo, but a truck got in the way of my photo. We finally passed through A Rua and entered O Pedrouzo, stopping at Cafeteria Che for lunch, since it was after 1pm by then. After lunch, we checked into Albergue REM. Apparently we were the only ones there, and only a couple others showed up afterwards, and they were put in a room upstairs. Believe it or not, we had the entire bottom floor of over 50 bunk beds to ourselves! The albergue had a nice little kitchen with a vending machine that sold drinks, snacks, and ... coffee! They also had a patio in the back and a clothes line, but we didn't use it. Later in the evening, we went out for dinner. Since it was Sunday, they had a pilgrim's mass at the church, which is why so few pilgrims were staying in our albergue. They wanted to be in Santiago de Compostela for the pilgrim's mass with the swinging incense. Oh well, I'd seen it before. Near the church, we found a nice pension with a decent cafe on a terrace and a decent menu.

After dinner, we returned to the albergue, where I did another blog, played some Islands, and watched some Arrow. Tomorrow we reach Santiago de Compostela, and the end of our Camino!


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



8th June 2022

Almost there
Are you planning your next adventure?
8th June 2022

The Northern Lights
Yep, we are planning on going to Norway, Sweden & Finland to see the Northern Lights.

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0603s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb