Off again


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Galicia » Portonovo
March 30th 2017
Published: March 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

29th March

Didn’t wake until 8.30am, it really is dark of a morning! Any road we were away by 11. I relented & we we went over to say goodbye to the Scots...boy can they talk for Scotland. They didn’t seem to understand we wanted to leave that very morning. A long drive ahead today..

The motorway once again passed through some beautiful scenery, mountains, scarily high viaducts & thousand upon thousands of acres of huge eucalyptus forests. On the tops of most of these mountains were loads of wind turbines..after on of the longest motorway climbs ever we were among them & the wind up there was really strong – it was all I could do to keep Billy in a straight line. Stopped for lunch at a restaurant with no food but had the strongest expresso ever despite the lady saying it was cafe au lait. Her French was worse than her English.

At one point we were coming round a big roundabout on the outskirts of a town & Cathy shouted out - I thought I was going hit a lorry or worse. With my adrenaline level through the roof & not seeing impending doom I politely enquired as to why the shout? Sorry, I saw a Lidl was the reply.....

Arrived at the site which is a super location right on the coastline – a big site with us & a French couple on it, but there are lots of caravans left on site with associated paraphernalia the same as we experienced in Italy, which gives it a look of a shanty town. Plus, around the part we were asked to use the roadways were really narrow, the corners too tight & all the pitches had kerbstones along their edges, some as tall as 18”. After much swearing & back & forwarding we managed to get sorted without damage to Billy remarkably. I also put the windbreak up as it was still very windy & once again cooked outside; fat Spanish sausages & beefburgers.

Wifi here is next to useless so will add photos another time...


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.26s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0839s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb