Shifting from the Norte to the Primitivo


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Galicia » Lugo
July 26th 2015
Published: July 26th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Quest Trek 2015 continues as we completed the Norte to Azura before taking 2 days off to bus to A Coruna to meet CathieĀ“s sister, Connie, who will be joining us for the final phase of our trek. After picking up Connie, we shifted from the Norte to the Primitivo for the next 100 km. We started our final Primitivo stretch at Lugo, and continued through the point where the Primitivo joins the Norte and Francais caminos at Azura. This made it possible to complete the Norte at the same time that we were walking with Connie on the Primitivo in order for her to complete the required 100 km for her to receive a compestelo. We arrived in Santiago the day before the festival of Saint James started, and we have thoroughly enjoyed the celebrations surrounding this important event for the city that commorates the transport of the bones of St James to the Cathedral in Santiago. The weekend events have included fireworks, outdoor concerts, attending mass in the Cathedral, and visiting with friends we met along the way. Tomorrow we head down to O Porto, Portugal to begin our final phase of the trek as we walk the Portugese costal camino route for an additional 100 km or so from O Porto toward Vigo. Our computer terminal access remains very limited, so our posts must be brief. More later...


Additional photos below
Photos: 64, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb