Finisterre, The Cape, Sunset At The End Of The World, 21kms, Amazing


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Galicia » Cape Finisterre
October 28th 2016
Published: October 28th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Cee At DawnCee At DawnCee At Dawn

7am Start, no companions, no takers; their loss.
Started walking before dawn, alone.

The steep walk out of Cee was rewarded with a beautiful sunrise, the lights of Cee over the harbour, and peaceful meditative walking. I had a coffee and cake for breakfast before leaving town so light was improving and I only needed the torch to negotiate a dark, narrow, challenging rocky path on the edge of town. Otherwise it was all well illuminated.

Not much to say today; great tracks, lovely surprises around every corner, and a great end to the day.

I had chiperones and potatoes for lunch on the seaside with Ken, John and Lauren and planned to meet to walk to the Cape for sunset.

Somewhere wires were crossed and Ken and l walked out independently but the others weren't sighted. Unfortunately, neither was the sunset. It was very crowded but peaceful out there, just gazing out at the horizon, so l certainly wouldn't say I was disappointed. I walked back to the town with Ken, had a light dinner of chicken and chips, and parted, agreeing to meet at the bar in the plaza at 7am for breakfast.

A top day and just a final 31 kms to the sea at Muxia to finish our walk. Can't wait for tomorrow. Still no sign of John, but he will turn up soon. Adios.


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Small Village On The WaySmall Village On The Way
Small Village On The Way

Shrouded in mist.

Hitting the BeachHitting the Beach
Hitting the Beach

Not the real path but I'm sure I'll get there.
Albergue Albergue
Albergue

I think it might be a party Albergue. Old folk need not apply!
That's It FolksThat's It Folks
That's It Folks

Still nice being there.



Tot: 0.392s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 21; qc: 101; dbt: 0.196s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb