Day 13. Trujillo.


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Extremadura
May 30th 2017
Published: May 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

A late start today as I was up for a couple of hours during the night, feeling unwell.

We headed into Trujillo, with the temperature climbing to 27.5 and nearing midday........mad dogs and Welshmen have something in common with the English!!!! Found a car park and set off.

The old town is on a hillside, as they all tend to be, but we kept to the shade along the narrow streets, climbing upwards, until we came to a large Plaza......wait for it.....Mayor.....not very imaginative , the Spanish,when it came to names, but then, centuries ago, they probably didn't know that about 50 kilometres away, there was another old town, with a Plaza Mayor!!! ?

Surrounding the square were a few of the usual restaurant/bars but also, on almost every available tower, chimney or corner of a rooftop, were the crowning glories of large, well occupied storks nests and some very eager black winged kites, swooping around the nests looking for an opportunity, if mum or dad had vacated the nest, to dive in and grab a baby stork or two!! I came to the conclusion that, for the stork families to be able to eat, they must have been putting Grandma and Grandpa stork on sentry duty, while mum and dad went hunting!!! Graham thinks I'm mad!!!!

As you might all be getting a bit sick of photos of ancient buildings, today I will show a castle, some storks and some cacti, with a view!!

Actually, Trujillo is yet another beautiful old town and I found it a bit more interesting, with so many stork nests and constant swooping of kites, which are a sight to see!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb