Pinky and the Brain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid
September 8th 2006
Published: September 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Ola!! Day two of our trip to spain was a complete success!!
Firstly we walked all over the city AND knew where we were every step of the way! So we started at the Palacio Real and gawked at the beautiful gardens for at least an hour, we had lunch in the Plaza Mayor, a huge outdoor plaza, which to our delight also had a wall full of naked paintings! Woohoo.
After lunch we ventured off and found an outdoor mall...completely by accident, I swear. And we didn´t even really go inside....honest... So we window shopped for about an hour (There are like 8 million shoe stores here!) We then decided it was best to get away from the mall and headed over to the Museo del Prado to check out the Picasso exhibit. After 2 hours of checking out Picasso even Cathy understood what cubism meant... We then went on to see a million portraits of any spanish person who ever meant anything to Spanish history ever! What a day! We tried to order dinner and just ended up having a drink instead.
We slowly made our way back to the hostel, thanks to my (Jess) navigational skills, then changed and went for dinner. Fried garlic mushrooms, mixed cheeses and chips in hot sauce really hit the spot. We discussed our plan for the next couple of days, tomorrow we are off to see the auqaducts in Segovia, our first train trip of our vacation. Wish us luck!
Although it doesn´t sound like it our day was full of walking, looking, reading maps, walking, eating, walking and shopping. We are ready to rest our swollen feet and start again fresh tomorrow!

Advertisement



8th September 2006

glad to hear from you
It is great that you holiday is such a wonderful time. Thanks for sending me a message.
9th September 2006

Aquaducts
Did you get good photos?? Did you get lots of historical information about them and when they were built? Did the Romans do the building? Or the Turks? Want info...want details...want anecdotes for my class...how was the train trip? What are the trains like?Did you have any trouble finding the right train station and buying tickets in Spanish? Have you found gelatto yet? What kind of things are you finding to eat for breakfast? Okay. that's all for now...btw, the red room is no more....love you.

Tot: 0.215s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0378s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb