Day 35 - Madrid


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid » Madrid
July 24th 2016
Published: July 25th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Last official,day of the tour which is really just breakfast. Many have already left on the early transfers, but we have booked another 2 nights at the same hotel. Decided to have a little sleep in. Finally got up at 1030'ish and spoke to Jessica, Chris and the kids. Just caught them before they went to bed (Charlie and Pippa that is). Finally went down to breakfast around 1100. At least 9 others still there (also staying a bit longer). Chat and eat without worrying about having to be on a bus in 30 minutes. Nice....

We make the most of this breakfast as we have decide to save €54 per day by not paying for breakfast off our costs for the last 2 days. Back to the room and chat with Stephanie for a while then get ready for our bif day out - laundry day..... Have found one not too far away. Receptionsaid it was but, but Dr Google aaid different so we believed Dr Google...

So much laundry that we have one of the suitcases filled - hmmm. Wander the streets and get to one spot and there is a laundry. Small with only 2 small washers and 1 dryer. Decide to go to the one I had found which wasn't too far away. Sure enough, find it, it has 5 washers and 3 dryers. Bingo. Done and dusted, and even has wifi so start the search for an apartment for our last 4 days in Paris. Get one on Air BnB and start the payment process. Credit card good, then online ID check. Oh oh, issues with connecting to my Facebook connection. Remembered I had to change passwords a few weeks ago so maybe this is the issue. All the while I am getting messages from the apartment owner saying she has others interested but will hold for us for a little while. Pressure.... Call Air BnB and talk of issues. They can see me and suggest I use Google+ as another ID contact. Good idea. Do that but still no confirmation. More calls and we are job walking back to the hotel. Hmm. Finally back at the hotel, get IDbstuff done and finally confirmed. Phew. Never mind, all good now.

Anyhoo, we had decide to meet 4 of the stayers for dinner. Off we go, the bar we were at last night isn't open ending today - bugger. A few up the road so we pick one and have a drink. They bring tapas for us, then say that the kitchen is open. Pizzas look the best option as the menu is Spanish and they don't speak a lot of English. Pizzas have pictures and some English words. Done and not too bad. Back to the hotel and straight to bed tonight. Buggered.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.439s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1631s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb