Back to Spain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid » Madrid
April 16th 2016
Published: April 16th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We were up at 5:00 AM for a ride down the mountain and the Douro River to the Porto Airport so we could catch at 9:30 AM flight to Madrid. Louis, our driver was worried about being late, because on the way to pick us up he encountered a rockslide the closed the river road, and he had to take a significant detour to get past it. It was Pouring Rain when we left Quinta Nova and there was water gushing off the hills. We saw 4 or 5 more landslides on the way down to the river. We were able to get by them all but it made a bit of a scary ride.

The Porto Airport was a breeze and the airplane was fairly full but had lots of seat room. The flight from Porto to Madrid only takes 50 minutes. I think we taxied on the ground for that long after landing in Madrid. Its a huge Airport. It was raining and we took a taxi into the apartment hotel we'll be staying in until we return to the US on 4/26/16. It's a great little apartment with a kingsized bed, a kitchen with a table and 3 chairs, a small stove and range, a refrigerator, microwave, expresso machine and a washing machine, and a great bathroom. We're one block north of the Gran Via near the center of Madrid. Lots to see and explore here.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0296s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb