Flamenco


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid » Madrid
July 19th 2013
Published: July 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Flamenco, What is that? This was my thought exactly; when I first heard that is where we were going to dinner. Turns Out Flamenco Is not a Spicy Traditional Spanish Dish, but a type of dancing. Flamenco In my words is like “Spanish Tap Dance” the Performers wears special shoes; that have a hard wood soles. The Flamenco dancers dance on a fairly small stage, about a 10ft square. On the stage are three guitar players, three beat keepers, Three Female dancers, and one Male dancer. As performance starts the beat keepers join the Guitars on Stage; the beat keepers act as percussion (Clapping) and Vocals for the Dancers. When these beat keepers sing, it isn’t like a song but a Melody combination of (Do Re Me Fa So La Ti Do) along with some Spanish words I wish I could have understood. All three keepers clap but only one sings, the one that sings; sings very Loud like he is calling for the dancers to come to the stage. His voice is Proud, Loud, and his Range Changes like an Opera singers voice; The Enthusiasm comes from deep with in being a Proud Spaniard. A dancer comes on Stage, and the Audience becomes still; the dancers Rhythmic taps grow Louder and Faster. The Speed seems almost unreal; where I was seated I could see Her Heels pounding Against the Stage floor, as she seemed to cut a circle right through the floor. For dinner I had a Delicious fillet of sea bass with Honey ice cream for dessert. The food was really good but the restaurant was absolutely full, elbow-to-elbow, and a fully booked house. When you first walk in on the wall, is a collection of photographs of Famous peoples that have dined there ranging from Peirce Morgan to Sandra Bullock. It cool to be in a restaurant that is so acclaimed by such highly regarded people, but I didn’t really fixate on the fact that I could be sitting in the same chair the Mr. Morgan sat in when he came here.

Adios



Lucas

Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb