Eric Cabahug's Birthday Extravaganza


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid » Madrid
August 16th 2011
Published: August 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

seventeen years ago a man was born. and this man was named eric cabahug the second. fast forward to present day madrid, in the great country pau gasol calls espana, and you’ll see that the party rolls on. this party was called worLd youth day. our day startEd off by packing heat with our super legit wyd bracelets, you know, the green and blue ones. after we packed heat we went off. the train sTation was buzzin’. italianos, germanos, americanos, poliSh people…..they were all there. so many catholics in one place, it felt like one of joe voiGt’s sunday workshops, but with millions of foreign kids. after the train station fiesta we moved on to the streets of madrid. everyone had their own little chants, while we only had our little american flag, but it was alright, bEcause it’s not the size that matters, but how you use it (quote said by the one and only joe voigt). we traded bracelets like it was our job. braceleTs here, bracelets there, bracelets everywhere…and pins too. after we walked around for a little bit, we decided to claim our land at some park to get ready for the opening mass. we claimed our piece of land, next to some frenchies and some iTalians, and we had a blast. played some ninja with people from ‘merica, but no one in our group won ): and we were pooped after a couple games of ninja. we decided to sit for about 3 hours, get some pizza, wait in line for the restroom tHat doesn’t even work, watch the same commercial over and over again, and sit some more. at about 2030 hours the mass finally started, and it was amazIng. of course it was in espanol so all i understood was amen, and viva la papa, but it was alright, because it was that good. like really good. almost like best mass i ever attended good. the choir was amazing. but we didn’t get euchariSt because of the massive amount of atTendees and churcHgoers. but it was worth it. after the mass we had a great master plan to hIgh five about 500,000 people that walked by us. our hands were beamin’ with germs and bacteria, but agaiN, it was worth it. met so many people (*disclaimer* met = hiGh fived). after the high five la-la-palooza we were dead tired. too bad the metro was closed, and the buses weren’t running, and the taxis weren’t cheap. so we had to wait for the metro to open up, and when it finally did, all of the world youth day kids rushed to it. aGain it was like one of jOe’s excellent sunday workshops. we finally arrIved at the hotel, and we basically hit the hay as they used to say in those old black and white movies. 19 bracelets, 6 piNs, 2 rosaries, and 1 koala later, and i could honestly say today was the best 17th birthday i have ever, or will ever have. oh yeah, today was my birthday. and the bag they gave us was leGit too.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.3s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb