Los Días Finales


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid » Madrid
December 7th 2008
Published: December 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So this is probably the last blog for this trip. Our friends Florian and Isabel, who we met in Italy and then visited in Germany, came out for a weekend and stayed with us. We had a very good time showing them Madrid and Spanish culture and hope that they will come to California some day.
After they left we took our last excursion over to Barcelona. It was a good trip; the weather and climate there are very much like Los Angeles (in Madrid it is cold--only a few centigrade above 0 during the day and dropping below at night--and rainy) and the architecture and food are delicious. We tried to see as many Gaudí sites as possible. We visited Park Güell, Güell Palace, Sagrada Família cathedral (which is perpetually under construction) and an apartment building that I cannot remember the name of. We also visited the Picasso Museum there which is supposed to be one of the best collections of his art that there is. We stayed a few kilometers out of the city with a group of CouchSurfers who run a tour guide company around Barcelona. Their house was amazing and their cooking was delicious (it turns out that the British actually can cook). The day that we arrived they had 8 friends visiting from Holland and we had a good night with them.
We got back from Barcelona in the middle of last week. Yesterday Jason went to take his LSAT and I spent the day and the Reína Sofia Museum enjoying their collection of art from Picasso, Dalí and Miró. We spent today walking around downtown in the rain, and we encountered a man looking at a bookshelf on the sidewalk in a very puzzled way. We stopped and offered to help him carry it, and on the way we met two of his friends from Madrid (we found out that he is from Senegal). After we got the bookshelf back they took us out for drinks and a delicious dinner.
Tomorrow I will spend packing and mentally preparing myself for the long trip ahead. Jason will be back about a week after myself. See you all soon,
C


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Barcelona 2Barcelona 2
Barcelona 2

Arc De Triompf (maybe spelled wrong; they speak Catalan in Barcelona which seems to us to be a mix of French and Spanish)
Barcelona 3Barcelona 3
Barcelona 3

Sagrada Famîlia
Barcelona 4Barcelona 4
Barcelona 4

Sagrada Famîlia
Barcelona 5Barcelona 5
Barcelona 5

Gaudí Building
Barcelona 7Barcelona 7
Barcelona 7

Park Güell
Barcelona 8Barcelona 8
Barcelona 8

Park Güell
Barcelona 9Barcelona 9
Barcelona 9

Park Güell
Barcelona 10Barcelona 10
Barcelona 10

Yes, also Park Güell


7th December 2008

Safe Travels
Hey Curtis, It has been fun reading about your adventures! I wish you safe travels and we all look forward to seeing you soon!

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb