It´s not just the Prudential Insurance logo!!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Ceuta & Melilla » Ceuta
January 3rd 2008
Published: January 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

The ROCK!!The ROCK!!The ROCK!!

we make it to Gibralter on a blistery stormy day, but there's the ROCK
Okay ... just a quick note to tell you we made it to Gibraltar! The Rock!
Well, we knew we were only 45min away by bus, so we're up at 9am and we went to Gibraltar!

Madrid had makeets (fictional) now we see Gibralter has macacs (true) !
Gibralter - A British military post grabbed in a treaty agreement in 1713. The Spanish, understandably, aren't happy about it and delibrately clog the border and make phone communication difficult. But the view and the lure of an English ale and pub grub is strong (and palatable). Since it's only a 45min bus ride away...we're up for it!! Wake at 9am and by 930 we're on our way. Now, keeping in mind our non-negotiable train to Cordoba then Madrid is at 3pm from Algeciras. Grab a taxi to the bus station where the driver offers to take us for 22€ so a short 20min later we're there. Luggage goes into a locker at bus station. The view was incredible...check the picture. We cross the border easily and following Rick Steves book guidelines, jump on the 3 bus to the cable car to go up 'the Rock'. Unfortunately the weather did not cooperate, see the picture. Rain, wind, cold!! So, back at the bus stop, we chat with a british citizen and learn a bit about the monkeys (african macacs) on the rock before heading back to the border. Get our bags from bus station locker and make an easy 3€ bus ride connection back to Algeciras. Unnecessary..maybe!
Uneventful..sure!
Unforgetable..DEFINITELY!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.187s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1217s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb