Week 2


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia
April 15th 2011
Published: June 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 42.0534, 3.19767

8/4/11 A bright but cooler day around 18 oC

I'm told the site WI-FI should be available from Monday so that'll be good. Cursorily enough the site work men have started to install another water point further down the spine road, this has necessitated a road crossing (the obvious springs to mind such as why didn't they do this whilst the site was closed, oh well this is Spain and the obvious very often isn't)

A lot of Spanish families have descended on the site and started to set up their pitches, it's really quite comical, they turn up in truck, flatbed, large vans and all sorts of vehicles and then proceed to remove everything like it's a house removal there's fridges, freezers washing machines including in most cases a kitchen sink unit (no I'm not joking) I'll leave you to imagine the plumbing arrangements. Then there the ubiquitous flower boxes which serves a dual purpose as they're placed around the awning skirt thereby securing the skirt against high winds as well as looking a real treat when they start to bloom.

9/4/11 Bright but with a very cool wind which increased as the day went on around 18 oC

It's a case of batten down the hatches today as the wind was extremely gusty so the morning was spent setting out guy ropes and storm straps.

Still nothing from Travelfone regarding the comms problem and no response either, as far as the service goes it's still status quo; out going texts are still reported as being sent to the wrong number or the message centre number is in correct. The recipient's number is that in my contacts and used regularly and the message centre number is set up by the provider and the settings haven't changed.

10/4/11 Sunny and warm around 20oC

Out on the bike early for a bit of exercise and call in at the nearby Croissanterie for croissants and a baguette for breakfast you really can't beat it. A full English versus croissants and fresh coffee now there's a conundrum they each have their merits, and followers for me it's easy, it's weather dependent, sunny and = >20oC al fresco it's croissants every time, cloudy, cool and indoors <20oC it's a full English,see simple isn't it, I know it's a bloke thing.

11/4/11 Sunny and warm around 20oC

What difference a week makes the market in Torroella has grown in size, there's a lot more people about as evidenced by the fact the car park was full so I suppose I'll now have to get up early to bag a place, but at least I'll not have to spend ages queuing for my fish (they've now got a ticket machine so at least you get served in order before it was chaotic) shops that were closed are springing to life but there again it's only a couple of weeks to Easter.

Settled down in the afternoon for a siesta and then the entertainment started, the workmen hit the water pipe with the digger so there was a 2m water fountain and all hell broke loose, there was something inevitable about it though, oh well can you pass me another beer luv.

12/4/11 Cool but sunny 18 oC

Took a ride into Figueras for the morning

13/4/11 Hot & sunny around 22oC

I've just discovered that here WI-FI is pronounced We Fee so I'll have to be careful when I say I'm going to go back to the van to spend a couple of hours on the We Fee!

14/4/11

Like in Torroella the market has now grown in size and a lot of the shops which were boarded up have now sprung to life. The beach is being combed by tractor every morning and there's an army of workers repainting the benches, clearing the piled up sand off the prom, and generally bringing the place back to life. Look like the season here starts at Easter.

15/4/11

My favourite bodega opened today so after a pleasant sampling bought 8lts of red and 8 lts of white to tide us over, red priced at €1.15/ltr and white €0.95/ltr, oh and Grants whisky €9.99 ltr.

Our son Stephen and his family are due to fly out to us on Easter Sunday but his just rung to say he's got a severe ear infection so we're not sure at present how things stand, hopefully it'll all work out in the end.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.035s; cc: 9; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0205s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb