Some rain in Spain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia
June 19th 2009
Published: June 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Oh dear, it was a bit overcast and drizzly this morning so we took the bus into Tarragona to check out the shopping centre. We had decided earlier in the week that if we had a bad weather day that we could have a look at the shops. Unfortunately it is not a very big shopping centre - more Endeavour Hills than Chadstone - so it didn’t fill in quite as much time as we would have liked?! And we certainly weren’t tempted to buy anything with the price of most things about the same or slightly more expensive than at home.

While we were at the shops we had a bit of a look for some more books to read. We have read all of our books and nearly all of Kath and Albert’s books!! We found a store that was a bit like Big W or K Mart and it had heaps of books, but every last one of them was in Spanish!! I guess it is too difficult for them to stock foreign language books to cater for all of the tourists as they would have to stock them in French, German and Russian (and who knows how many other languages?) as well as English.

At about lunch time we headed back to La Pineda buying some more stocks from the supermarket on the way back to our room. We lazed away the rest of the day catching up on the travel diary and reading … oh, and there may have been a little bit of snoozing in there as well?! It really does wear you out being on holiday!!! With the weather looking clearer this afternoon, we thought about going down to the pool for a while, but in the end I think we just felt so lazy that changing into our bathers and walking down to the pool was too much effort?!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0281s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb