Thumbs up to my new knees


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia
November 17th 2019
Published: November 17th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Well they switched out flight to a new plane and guess what, it too had problems but those problems only took 30 minutes to fix. we finally took off 2.5 hours late. I was exhausted by then and fell asleep immediately. Tom waited for dinner before retiring. We arrived in Barcelona at 12:30 and took the metro towards the hotel. We transferred to the red line and then got off at our station. It was then about a 10 minute walk (well it would have been but we took a wrong turn). Oh well, we made it to the hotel and checked in. Our room wasn't ready yet so we left our bags and went in search for lunch. we had a nice tappas lunch and then came back to the hotel to change. oh the room is great. It has one wall that is a giant window with a view of the mountains...

We then took off to head to old town. We decided we would try walking everywhere and we did. Tom loved old town and strolling the streets. We found a Basque pintcxa bar and had a nice glass of wine. Then we strolled the streets more and went over to La Ramba. We ate a restaurant along the route and the meandered along the roads until we got back to the hotel. we had a night cap in the bar. Total steps for the day 23,800 and the knees felt great!!!!

Yesterday we slept in then walked to SaGrada Familia(sorry about the spelling). Its even changed since the last time i was here in 2016 and it's still set for completion in 2026. Tom loved it. He loves to visit grand cathedrals but this one is so different. The light from the stain glass, the unique architecture,....

We spent several hours there, but then we were starving as we hadn't eaten breakfast and it was now about 1:30. As we were walking towards old town, we saw a local restaurant that was very popular with locals and we had a wonderful lunch and wine. We at paella and it was very good. The owner was oriental but oh did he have personality. It was a great lunch. We then strolled thru the park near old town, saw the Arch de Triumph and I found a shoe shop and got me a pair of Spanish shoes. We slowly walked back to our hotel, dressed for dinner and then walked down Diagonal to Tapa Tapa. (Nicky did we eat there once it really looked familiar). we had a variety of tapas and just loved the meal. Back to the hotel for a night cap and the step total for the day was 22,800. Another good day.

Advertisement



17th November 2019

Sounds like fun
I love hearing you describe all of the places you went because I can see them in my mind. I am glad you finally made it and are having a great time.
17th November 2019

Olé
Boot camp for you knees and they passes the fitness exams. Kudos! Sounds like you are having a great time. Meanwhile in CB we were nearly blown off the island yesterday. Then again, steady wind only reached 35mph, so we had leeway before the bridge closes, if you don’t count the speed of gusts. ?

Tot: 0.429s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 60; dbt: 0.1266s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb