Sitges and carnaval


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Sitges
February 15th 2015
Published: October 15th 2015
Edit Blog Post

First time I went to Sitges was on a sunday - we still had a rental car from our snowboarding trip so it was fast and cheap getiing there.

On the way we made a stop climbing up the hills finding some old ruins with a really nice view.
It was beautiful and there was a really nice moment where no cars passed by, but then the noice from the highway took over again.

We went for a nice walk along the marina and beach and then made it into the center.

It is a small cozy city full of small nice small shops and cute little houses. After a nice lunch with live music, we walked up the the placa where there is a big cathedral.
Then we walked while the sun set down and walked towards the car - very beautiful sunsets there. On the way back we stopped by another viewpoint for the last rays of sun.

Second time we went there we really got to see the gay life the city is so famous for - we went to carnaval. They make a very big parade with music, dance and so many weird dress-ups - it goes on for days and the whole city seems to participate.

We got stuck when we wanted to go back (no trains on Sunday nights). Luckily my friend could pay for a really expensive taxi through his company so we did not have to go straight from there to work Monday morning!


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0725s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb