Girona and Begur:Thursday


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Girona
March 25th 2010
Published: May 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We walked to the AutoEurope office on Corts Catalanes. It was an ok walk, we had our luggage to pull behind us. It was also easy to head straight out of town on this main drag and easy to find Girona.

Parking was a bit trickier but we eventually gave up and went into an underground parking not far from the center of town.

One thing we have found on our travels, mainly in France, is you can never follow signs to the tourist information office. The signs are misleading. Girona was no exception, but we finally found it.

It's a lovely little town with a cathedral, Jewish quarter, Arab baths and a river. We enjoyed wandering around. We ate lunch on their Ramblas even though that's not usually the best place, and it was fun to people watch.

The road to Begur was easy to find and follow but once we got to the town, which is fantastic, we didnt' know how we'd ever find our hotel. Just by luck we drove up one street, they are all narrow and hilly, and spotted a sign for our hotel! We stayed at Aiguaclara and cannot recommend it enough. We received a warm welcome (once we figured out where the door to the place was!) and we loved our room, the overlall ambiance of the place, and the delicious breakfasts each morning.

After settling in we went to the town center and explore. It was completely dead. There was no one around! We couldn't find the grocery store - oh no! But then I saw a lady with grocery bags so I asked her and we found it, up a hill in a direction we probably would not have gone. So now I was happy!

We took our wine and food back to our room. From our room we could see the town castle lit up!
How peaceful and beautiful this place was!


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

cathedral carvingscathedral carvings
cathedral carvings

I like this style of art
Bible of Charles VBible of Charles V
Bible of Charles V

Imagine copying this by hand
willowswillows
willows

We were looking for a bridge that had some connection to Gustave Eiffel - we never found it, but the river area was very pretty


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb