Tarragona - Spain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Girona
January 15th 2010
Published: January 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Friday 15.1.210 day 92
Tarragona - Spain
We were very sad to leave Andorra as it is fantastic so we headed to the beach town of Tossa De Mar it was a fantastic drive along sweeping roads with fantastic views and Temps got up to 22 up until today 10 is the highest temp we have had in Europe while we have been here. On the way to the beach we saw I saw what looked like 3 of the test team for BMW testing there new sports bike out on a nice winding bit of all the riders had the new bike that was launched when I was at the Milan show (do not know if it is in the shops yet or not) and they all had matching leathers and a BMW van as a backup van they were over passing on double white lines all with their knees down at a very fast pass and with our car on coming. We both gave then a thumbs up as they when by. It looked fantastic. The beach was fantastic and there was lots of great seafood and Spanish restaurants that had menus in English there were lots of hotels there but they were all closed up for winter so we had to move on. We headed to Tarragona on the way we drove passed Barcelona. Tarragona is the Rome of Spain it was founded in 218 BC and was an important Roman centre. There are lots of Roman ruins including Roman circus where chariot races were held and a roman amphitheatre this is right on the beach and lots more we will go and explore this area more tomorrow.



Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.024s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb