An afternoon in Girona, Spain (& some views along the road to France)


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Girona » Girona
October 2nd 2017
Published: October 8th 2017
Edit Blog Post

As we headed out of Torrevieja, our next stop was Girona, Spain. Our plan was to drive about 6 hours, make a stop, do a little sightseeing and get up the next day and head out again. Our stops were to be Griona, Spain, then Bourges, France and then on into Calais (the departing port of the Chunnel). We arrived into Girona in the early afternoon. After settling into the hotel, we took a walk into town to see the wall around the city. These pictures were taken along the way and some from the top of the wall. It was a very nice afternoon. We were extremely tired when we arrived in Bourges. When we arrived, we needed to go into town to get ice and gas for the next day. That was quite an "adventure" as we were unable to locate the stores that we wanted. We ended up driving around quite a while. When we finally got back to the hotel, we decided not to try to walk around town. Walking into the city was not as easy as it was in Girona. We would have had to drive back into town, find a place to park and then walk around. Neither one of us had the energy to do that. so we skipped the city walk. Calais was a city we had visited before and, again, were not strategically positioned to be able to walk into town.

We are now headed back to the states to prepare for our next adventure aboard our sailboat. Enjoy the pictures.


Additional photos below
Photos: 72, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

IMG_3162IMG_3162
IMG_3162

Collegiate Church of Sant Feliu (left) / Saint Mary's Cathedral (right)


15th October 2017

Girona, Spain
a potty alone the wall!! and people are concerned when birds fly over - LOL
15th October 2017

Troll House
Does the door actually open? :-)

Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0903s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb