THIS IS THE END MY FRIEND


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Castelldefels
May 19th 2013
Published: May 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Dar SabreDar SabreDar Sabre

Our amazing room
So here it is, our last holiday blog. We have already flown from Marrakesh to Barcelona and are having our last night in Castelldefels, a lovely coastal town just out of Barcelona. Sitting on the balcony watching our last Spanish sunset.

Our last few days in Marrakesh were quite relaxing. Spent a few days just lazing around both at Riad Khol and at Dar Sabra. Went in to the square again for a bit of last minute shopping and something to eat. Checked out Gilles, the upmarket shopping complex and bought Leanne an amazing silver and amythyst ring.

One thing Mick wanted to do was have his picture taken with the Cobra's. We missed it the first night as they had packed up, so we headed back in the next arvo and there they were. After seeing one of the Cobra's strike at it's handler Mick starts to have second thoughts. Sensing this The Charmer quickly comes over and drapes a less venomous snake around Mick's shoulders and charms 200 Dirham out of his pocket, which is quite alot!

We get a photo and voice our dissatisfaction that it is not with a Cobra. Looking hurt The Charmer then pulls a Cobra out of his basket and once again drapes it over Mick's shoulders. It starts to get interesting. This Cobra seems to be a little wilted though. Leanne cries "It's dead!" (another fake perhaps?) but it's not, it's just a little sleepy.

This spurs The Charmer to grab one of the Cobra's from the hot ground which is considerably more active and thrusts it into Mick's hand. Mick's heart rate goes up significantly and Leanne angles for a better shot. "Hold it up to your face!". Easy for her to say! We finally get the shot we are after and Mick retreats a safe 20 metres away. This seems to indicate to The Charmer we are now satisfied and he grins and turns away searching for his next victim but not before trying to get Lee Lee close. Snowballs chance in Hell that was going to happen.

This trip has seen us experience - no star accommodation (berber tents) to five star resorts, eat delicious street food to high end restaurants, travel over 2000k from coast to desert, from camel to mercedes, meet people from all over the world with a common passion for travel, seen the poor and impoverished who are rich in spirit and the rich, impoverished of soul.

From the Carpet Merchant in Fes, who upon hearing we were Australian declared that John Howard was walking the Medina that day, to the food Hawkers in Djemaa el-Fna Square in Marrakech speaking with perfect Aussie accents exclaiming "A dingo stole my baby!"

We have managed to cross a few items off our personal bucket lists. From gazing up at Gaudi's La Grada Familia, to sunrise in the Sahara we have loved it all.

And best of all, we have done it together. An experienced shared is an experience doubled they say my friends... And so it has been for us.

We have really enjoyed writing this blog (thanks Steve for the idea) and we are going to use them to make a memory book . We hope you have had a few laughs, and enjoyed them too and until (i could say nek time here) our next holiday... it's goodbye, adios, au revoir and Ma'a Assalaamah from us .

Peace out ✌

~


Ps. It would be remiss of us not to relay a couple of Leeleeism's that

may not have graced these pages but are well worth mentioning:


"That photo we see everywhere must be the King's Father". No babe, that's Humphrey Bogart.




"Hear that it's a Cuckoo Bird!" No hon, that's a pigeon.




"Mick! There's a baby monkey!" No Balooch, that's a frog.




"Look at that big hat hanging on the wall" No sweetie, that's a tortoise shell.




"Eeek! It's a scorpion!!" No love, that's a feather.




What a laugh and a half.



Advertisement



21st May 2013

Loved following your trip....
We are on a somewhat parallel voyage: started in Madrid, went to Marrakech, Fes, Chefchouen, and few more stops in Morocco....then back to Spain....we're now outside of Valencia, and heading to Barcelona in a few days....and like you, on our balcony watching what could be a sunset if it wasn't so cloudy here! Your blogs were great fun to read...thanks for sharing them....ours are under beebe if you wish to read another version of your travels...! Hope you head again soon and blog here.... Lynn and Bill
23rd May 2013

Thanks
Hello, Thanks so much, glad you enjoyed them. I will def have a look at yours. How long is your trip? Im all outta sync back in Adelaide. Well enjoy the rest of your trip. Safe travels :)

Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb