Barceloneta and the Nou Camp


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
August 28th 2013
Published: June 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 41.3879, 2.16992

An 11pm kick off. One of the worlds best football teams, in one of the worlds most famous football stadiums in front of around 80,000 fanatical fans. It was an amazing atmosphere and spectacle to behold. A shame about the lack of goals and an uncharacteristically 'Messy' penalty. You would have got long odds for a Barcelona game to finish 0-0 at the Nou Camp and Lionel Messi to miss a penalty. None the less, it was a great experience to see FC Barcelona play with the likes of Messi, Xavi, Fabregas, Iniesta, Neymar and Villa running around. Even Nat enjoyed herself and thats saying something. I might have finally got her into enjoying beer, but Ive still alot of work to do to make her a football fan.
The day started at a lazy pace, waking up late, and spending the morning and early afternoon making plans for our trip. By 2, we were up and on our way to the beach, Barcelonetta III, arguably one of the worlds best and most famous. Yeah, well it was okay. Pretty enough. The shore was rocky, and sand nice enough, but pretty shelly. Interestingly enough, topless bathing is popular here, one in twenty girls top free, and maybe one in a hundred fully free. It wasn't all as glamorous as you might think though, some bits hanging low, wobbling to and fro, and some free range sausage gently blowing in the breeze for Natalies perusal.
With things heating up, temperature wise that is, I jumped in the surf to cool off. It wasn't great with my healing broken toe, first negotiating a rocky entry. Second, there was no progressive depth, but a half metre drop, onto coral that felt like a wicker basket. Id be sitting knee deep, before metre swell kept barraging me and knocking me about, emerging soon with scrapes and scratches from the coral. After drying off and some new bathers for Nat, we sat to polish off a jug of Sangria in the sun.
A walk along the beach and we found a nice tapas spot for dinner. Now this was proper tapas! Peppers, potatoes, croquettes, octopus, prawns and chorizo with a glass of red. We headed back to get ready before the evening football match.
After getting back late around 2am on metro, it remains to be seen how adventurous we will be tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Barceloneta BeachBarceloneta Beach
Barceloneta Beach

Look for toplessness


Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0229s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb