BARCELONA, SPAIN - Layed back and sunny


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
July 13th 2014
Published: June 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 41.3879, 2.16992

BARCELONA
Food, sun, soccer finals and friends.
In July the sun is out and the weather is perfect in Barcelona.
The people are all so lay back. Lots of young hipster almost hippy looking with the tie dyed, very worn clothes, dreadlocked hair and tattoos. It was almost impossible to find someone without a tattoo.
The city is very urban and grungy with lots of shops closed down and graffiti.
I love the feel of Barcelona.
It's old with lots of history and it feels lived in.
Sagra Famiglia is amazing and it still isn't complete.
The Mercato just off the Rambles is full of very yummy things to eat.
We took the hop on, hop off bus to get a feel for the city and included the Poble (Pueble) Espanyol which was built in 1929 for the International Exhibition and looks like an actual village with over 100 buildings from different Spanish regions. It really is worth seeing.
We spent the whole day just in Gaudi Park. We had to book a time to enter the main area. Gaudi's house is also great to go and see.The park is such a strange mix of mosaic's, colors, odd shapes and it has an organic and fairytale feel to it all.
A very special place to get inspired.
Over all, Barcelona is a city that never sleeps
full of history,
with warm people,
amazing food and sunshine.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0164s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb