Dancing the night away in Barcelona : Sonar


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
June 6th 2014
Published: September 27th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Sonar is an electronic music festival / design conference held in Barcelona each year, and I've wanted to go for years. Some colleagues and I went, and it was such a great trip. Lots of inspiration, interactive exhibits and new technology and then just the energy and fabulousness of Barcelona. Great food, great company, and a great festival. I haven't had that much fun in a long, long time.



We danced all night long, drinking espressos and not alcohol to keep us going, to music from Chic (live, in concert, this many years later, WOW) and borrowing costumes from random people in the 100,000 person strong audience, and taking ridiculous photos, and racing each other on the long moving walkways to keep our energy up, and dancing to Robyn, and enjoying being VIPs, and improvising some excuses-for-interaction in the form of rubber household gloves, blown up with air to create bouncy balls which people could pass back and forth, and eating burgers at 2am bbq'ed in the concert area for us, and going to the beach on a Friday, mid-afternoon and just realizing how amazing life is, and making it back to the common 10 person apartment just in time to get to dinner not too terribly late, and starting all over again, partying until the sunrise, and relaxing in the chill out area of the festival with recovery mojitos.



So. Much. Fun, and wow, how I love my colleagues, they are so damn cool. And I bought an awesome pair of pink Pumas. Happiness. A good trip, I must say.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.174s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0986s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb