STUFF UPS, STREET ART AND SORE FEET !


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
May 1st 2013
Published: May 1st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Ok... So a quick recap on our night last night.

Managed to score some excellent seats to a Spanish Guitar duel between four masters of their craft in a magnificent Concert Hall built in 1905. Wondered how we managed to score such great seats as we only bought them on the day. Tell tale sign number 1.

Put our best threads on and found the place which was yet another fine example of Spanish architecture. Squeezed in to our front row balcony seats and noticed German Guy beside us looking strangely at me. Seemed to be a bit of a kafuffle around us but didn't really pay much attention. Tell tale sign number 2. German Guy says to me "Ve seem to have ze same seat number on ze tickets". I say "Yeah that's really weird" and started thinking he got ripped off by someone selling the same seat twice (Sucker!). Tell tale sign number 3 (you would think the penny would started to have dropped by now!)

He then says "Vell my Spanish iz not good but I tink your ticket iz for drei days time". Check ticket... Penny drops ooops right seats, wrong night! So red faces and apologies to all around and got the hell out of there damn quick. Just hope German Guy doesn't show up when we go next!

After another enormously loud night in our apartment from the streets below we awoke in search of brekky. Extremely hard to find anywhere open at 9am for brekky(!) but finally found a place on Las Ramblas that was serving Spanish Omelette's with a heavy metal music playlist gradually increasing in volume to ear shattering proportions. It was quite hilarious really but definitely Mick's kinda brekky!

After eating we decided to try our hand at catching the Metro train and have a look around the harbour. We head down the stairs to the entrance to the Metro.....Nek Minnit its a carpark, again! (We seem to end up in random carparks in strange places: Staten Island bus tour of carpark) Second attempt we at least found the Metro and tried our hand at buying a ticket from the machine and failed miserably until the French girl waiting patiently behind us helped us out. We still managed to get on the wrong train and headed in completely the wrong direction.

Finally got our shit together and made it to the Harbour where we catch our first glimpse of the Mediterranean and eat, without a doubt, the worst Nachos in the history of Mexico. Second course, Tapas and sangria make it all ok.

Next stop the Arc de Triumf (did Spain win a war at some stage?) to meet our Urban Tour guide Mike who was taking us on a tour of Barcelona's Graffiti. Never really thought much about it but the true Street Artists are really anti establishment characters who believe the streets are for the people and that its important to get the art out there and not leave it to the big commercial companies. What Mike didn't know about the Street Artists of Barcelona isn't worth knowing.

Walked for an eternity but Mike's spiel and energy made it extremely interesting whilst throwing in nuggets of practical info like where to get 1 the best burgers in the city and 2 a bit of sore foot relief by way of fish nibbling and massage and 3 well we won't mention 3. Great tour and hope he manages to stay illegally in the country for some time to come yet!

So there it is my friends... Another siesta awaits!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb