Barcelona, a huge town with so much things to see !


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
March 1st 2012
Published: January 8th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

From Rouen to Barcelona


From the airport, you have 3 way to reach the center. The more expensive, the taxi, around 20€. Then, a bus at the right of the airport's exit, 4,5€. OR you can take the cheapest way, a bus, at the left of the aiport's exit which cost 1,5€!

You have a lot of stands everywhere which give you free maps, they also sell map for 1€ but it's the same...

The buildings are almost all with wonderful architecture, you'll always have your head raised!

Most of square are huge, with foutains, statues, flowers...It's extremely pleasant to walk in.

The city is full of churches, and they're all gorgeous, especially one, the Sagrada Familia. It's still in construction, so you have cranes around, so it's not as enjoyable as it could be.

The Sagrada Familia is surrounded by parks with a small lake, walk in there by night, it's magic.

There is some markets, but one in particulary is huge and very complete, you can find almost whatever you want, but don't hesitate to negotiate, you can have half price on certain objects. Be careful, people sell weapons and they don't like to have foreigner hanging around or taking photos.

One thing that I particulary appreciate, is to have parakeets everywhere, you can enjoy their nice twitter all day! Especially in the numerous parks.

In Spain, there is so much sculptures, especialy modern sculptures, between palm tree and mosaics wall or other.

The beach is really long and clean, it's nice to walk in. If you go there anytime of the year, except july or august, it's empty! So you can enjoy to have a break alone listening to the waves.

At the bus stop of the airport, you have the presidential palace, and the old arena. Outside the arena, you have an elevator which lead you to the roof, don't waste your money, go in the arena and just take the escalator...The view from the roof is really nice!

One of the famous place to see in Barcelona, it's the Park Guell. Just the entrance is just incredibly gorgeous ! Around the stairs, you have the famous lizard in the center, everyone take photo of them in front of. Then, you have the columns, it's a cool place thanks to the wind. And up, you have the huge square, with the world's longer bench. And the forest behind with a lot of palm trees, and many ways to take.

For good, I recommend you to go further, don't stay basics tourists, and walk more! The forests there are gorgeous and it's so pleasant to walk thourgh. If you continue that way, you arrive in another park with huge sculptures and a lake. You can climb on the hill and have a nice view of the city and the differents parks.

If you are an adventurer, you can go further and climb the lean forest leading to an amusement park and a gorgeous huge church that you can visit. From the center to this church, by walk, you'll walk from 10am to 8pm for the return! But it really worth it!

In the city, you have an arch leading to another park with greenhouses. This park is just amazing, a lot of amazing architecture around the lakes and palm trees.

About restaurants, it's expensive, but if you seek well, you can find a fine restaurant serving good paella for around 7€. Chocolate with churros are expensive too, it's around 3 and 5€. Be aware, the spanish chocolate is really thick and churros very oily.

If you want to eat something fast and delicious, go under the arena, there is a little shop where they sell sandwich with beer or fizzy wine for 2,75€!

Transports are really expensive in Spain, so, unfortunately, you couldnt go anywhere else...It will be for another time! But if you have money, don't hesitate to go in other spanish cities!


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb