Day 31: Port, beach, Ciutadella


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
July 28th 2012
Published: July 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

(Ok, I skipped yesterday because it's really long and I was going to type it all up today but it's past midnight and I'm exhausted. Should be up tomorrow instead)

Today was a split day – we spent the morning/early afternoon shopping (Primark isn’t nearly as good here as in the UK, just sayin’)

We came back to the hostel for lunch then headed off toward the port/beach area. The port was ok, nothing overly special. The beach was packed but we knew to expect as much at least. We weren’t going on the beach today, we just wanted to have a look for when we come back and try to scope out our spot 😉. I think we did... or at least, we found the less busy looking areas, and really the beach is the beach wherever you are.

We walked along the beach for a good amount of time... honestly, time isn’t my forte this far into the trip having been “watchless” since my blackberry died in Inverness weeks ago haha. A good problem to have though – no limitations from the clock.

Anyway, from the beach we walked up towards the Villa Olympico and the big “Ciutadella” park – it’s quite nice with a giant fountain/monument near the middle, and another great big pond where you could rent row boats and such. A huge bonus for this park? It had shade. Aw yeh.

After walking through most of the park, we lazed around for a bit – as usual, Em in the sun, me in the shade. We picked an interesting place to lounge about – we were near this veranda thing which just so happened to have a kids’ birthday party going on. Ah, trying to nap to the sounds of screeching children and blaring DJ music. Good times, good times. My personal fav was the fact that for musical chairs they blared “S&M” by Rihanna... which is most definitely not a children’s song lol.

And that was pretty much our day – after we gave up on lounging, we sat and chatted for a bit before heading back to the hostel. Can’t believe we’re in the last few days...!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0715s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb