Time to reflect and relax


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
October 8th 2009
Published: October 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

To any of you who may still be following us... a big hola!
It is now Thursday, I think, and Bill and I are in Barcelona.... an absolutely amazing city! It has been such an incredible time since the weekend and Finisterre... I have experienced all sorts of highs and lows. Thankfully my wonderful undersatnding husband is by my side helping me adjust to life in the city again! Mind you, as I write this I can honestly say that we have adapted to the Spanish way of life quite easily... it´s 9.15 am and Bill is still in bed after a late night last night. Its great to see him relaxing!

Yesteday was our first full day here. It was great... did lots of walking around, saw Sagrada Familia and lots more of Gaudi´s work. Actually did lots of window shoppping and a tad real shopping... explored the city last night and for the first time was NOT dressed like a pilgrim! An amazing feeling! So yes, we have fallen into the groove of playing tourists very well. Today we are going down to the port.. Port Vell for the day (when I can get Bill going of course). The Maritime Musseum is a must and we want to see some of the local beaches as well. We had a night time exploration of this port area when we first arrived on Tuesday evening... what a great 555hectares of development!

Anyway, we have yet to decide where to next. We are staying in a pension in the heart of Barcelona (just off the Rambler) ... a room in an old building which has been sort of renovated... anyone who´s been here will know the type of building I´m sure.

We are off to London on Tuesday next week so still have plenty of time to see, do, eat, drink and relax before leaving this cosmopolitan place! Unreal!

Hope the weather has improved back home esp. for those on hols. We have had a great couple of days of sunshine and hot weather here although today looks a little overcast. No worries.. we can enjoy whatever the weather!

Cheers
Karen and Bill xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.3s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb