Day 20: Barcelona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
September 17th 2008
Published: September 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The overnight train was surprisingly comfortable, and I slept through the entire night! Upon our arrival we headed straight to the ferry only to find out that it was going to be an extra 300 euros on top of our Eurail pass; so change of plans, we're staying in Barcelona! Not too worried about it, there's a beach, we've got beds, and Barcelona's night life is supposed to be amazing! So for siesta, we actually did siesta, and woke up feeling energized for the night ahead. Here in Barcelona, it's not just about going out, the going out is a major part of the culture, and when in Spain... well do as the Spaniards do...

We met an (another) aussie in our room, Daniel, and the three of us went to check out the bars. We we're starving so the first order of business was to find some dinner. We found a small tapas bar that had a steak meal for 9 euros, and it included a salad and a drink, and it was delicious. After that we made our way through several different bars, not staying anywhere for too long, and eventually made it over near the beach where they had some clubs with loud music and free drinks. One of the bars was paying salsa music, so we danced, and drank, and danced and drank, it turned out to be a great night. Somewhere in the wee hours of the morning we caught a taxi back to the hostel, and finally fell in to our beds exhausted.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0787s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb