Flamancoly cool


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
September 8th 2005
Published: October 29th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Your not in France anymore when prositutes line the main highways under sun umbrellas looking to make someone a lucky man, whilst that man is on transit to the nearby airport. It hits you in suprise and it is damn classy. Particulary the "we don't even need to stop to take off my clothes" aspect of their atire. Wonder if those on arrivals or departures get more buisnes?

I LOVED Barcelona!! (not because of the prositutes). It was fantastic. The culture is fantastic wine and fantastic tappas, music and dancing, the colours are bright loads of red). Archictecture is amazing, especially all the Gaudi around the city. The unfinished cathedral particulary spectacular. The city's landscape and lights particularly attractive.

The waterfront and beaches beautiful, expect mind the plastic bags when your wading out in the water. We never did get to see the front side of the christopher columbous monument, but had a really good time being fleeced in the La Rambas markets. Zillions of street performers, including a michael jackson look alike who wouldn't dance even after loads of people put money in his tin. Loads of cool performers.

Went to a flamenco dancing evening, then dinner with "its so bad but i'll drink it because it is included" wine. The nightclubs in and around the waterfront memorable - even went to an aussie bar (well it was either that or hang out by myself). Amused by the people in the bars paid to dance around in their underwear. Spanish men slightly persistent. Myself, Naomi and Steph dancing nuts, then trying to catch a cab in the non existent cue. Played charades with the driver who could not speak a word of english.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb