A brief update in summary as I don't think anyone will read this anyway.
Yesterday - Montserrat (an abbey up amongst some remarkable rocky protruberances)
- I cunningly bought a multi-ticket which let me onto the train, a cable car and funicular, thus making up for Wednesday's funicular disappointment.
- The cable car was ace.
- I ate horrible food in a horrible big buffet and there were loads of old ladies with red labels on their lapels who also ate the horrible food. I had a magnum even though it was cool up in those mountains - the magnum intake on this trip has been steady.
- Rocky Outcrops are now superceded by these fantastic protruberances. I climbed up a few having taken the Funicular up to the nearly top. The sun came out and I played my ukulele overlooking a valley. All rather nice.
- Went back down to the horrible big buffet for a well earned beer (had scaled slim, steep steps and clambered hither and thither all afternoon therefore beer was much deserved).
- Last night I had a couple of glasses of wine and some more potatoes in a
tapas bar and played my ukulele so as to disrupt the snogging couple nearby. They didn't seem to notice. Meanwhile nearby a Dutchman had his camera stolen.
- Today it pissed down with rain in the morning. By lunch the sun was out. Meanwhile I'd hit the Funicular up to Montjuic with the aim of escaping the rain and slipping into to the Joan Miro Foundation gallery (I haven't done any culture yet). Unfortunately 14,000 other people had had the same idea and there was a queue going down the road for miles. I legged it to the top of the hill to get away from the queue and also because I like being at the top of hills.
- I saw the cable car and having thoroughly enjoyed yesterday's cable car I thought I'd take a ride. I even got a car all to myself. Wish I'd brought my uke - would have made an excellent youtube video. Oh well.
- I thought the cable car would take me all the way to the port. But in fact that's a whole different cable car and they don't link up. Shame.
- Had an omlette
in the touristic but pleasantly sunny Reial square. Walked from there to the port and all the way up to the big glass building with the W on it at the end of the harbour. It was ace - lots of ominous clouds, nice photo opportunities to boot. I even found 3 stones.
- Walked back into town past the Picasso Museum also huge queue including an ambulance, though I don't think it was queueing, just resuscitating fallen queuers. I just made a short cut straight into the gallery shop avoiding entirely the tiresome looking at pictures bit and bought some nice postcards which I can look at in my own good time.
I'm now awaiting my clubclass night train ride home. Haven't even started on my whisky yet so I've got that all to look forward to. Perhaps I'll have some patatas bravas on the way to the station.
Tot: 0.404s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 48; dbt: 0.013s; 1; m:saturn w:www (18.104.22.168); sld: 1;
; mem: 1.4mb