Scary German Clowns


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona » La Rambla
May 24th 2011
Published: May 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After a wonderful not at all too early flight from London to Hamburg (we had to wake up at 4am) Ally and I landed in Germany with only my limited knowledge of German which really meant we could request some medicine for ah....digestive concerns and buy a pregnancy test. (lets just say they were the easiest phrases to pronounce on my 'Learn German' ipod thing) And yet with our amazing talent and wit we managed to get out of the airport, board TWO different trains and arrive at Charlotte's house alive and well, pregnancy tests in hand.

For the most part it was fairly normal, we went to both Charlotte's and Hanna's school for half a day each, met some very nice Germans, went shopping in Hamburg, tried currywurst, ate gummy bears and saw the very old tunnel. Then Charlotte took us to the 'park'.

The park was lovely though - lots of flowers and childrens playgrounds, even one with a giant blue jumpy thing (thank goodness there was no age limit) and a very pretty candle-lit maze....with a very scary german clown sitting on top of a house saying very creepy german things. But never mind we walked through his house to the maze and were greeted by yet another odd german handing out suitcases of all sizes with a glass window and an odd object sitting inside (giant eggs, clocks, mirrors etc) the next odd german was a man tied to his suitcase which made him quite sad, after him was a girl trying to fly in her living room with the assistance of a ladder, there was also the girl with mirrors, the girl with the mountain of luggage who looked very stressed (probably because of the mountain of luggage she had to move) and the girl half naked sitting inside a fort of open suitcases petting an egg. All in all it was very odd and creepy but in a very interesting way. We're pretty sure that all the people were fallen angels due to their white clothes, the feathers everywhere and the red gashes on their backs (because their wings had been ripped off) the rest I didn't quite understand but maybe it's better that way.

The zoo was pretty tame compared to that but I did love Pumba's baby (a baby pig like pumba from the lion king) he was a little hyper - and I fed elephants :D

But of course the best thing was simply seeing Charlotte and Hanna again (and watching Hanna's copy of season 2 of Packed to the Rafters)

Well I'm in Barcelona now and I really should get going because the day is quickly passing by - good thing the sun stays out till 9pm 😊

xoxo Rachael

(oh and photos are coming - i'm just lazy today)



Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0547s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb